As parents how do we prepare our children for their tomorrow? Are you prepared to discuss the challenges and celebrate our differences? The next generation is depending on us.
As a parent with a child in a predominately white school, yes there were concerns. The sad but ugly truth is there would also be concerns if my child was in a predominately black school. As parents it’s up to us to expose our children to the beauty of diversity and religious freedom. There are gifts within our own circles as well as in other circles.
Parenting PT (Physical Therapy) 2020 Tips: Religious & Racial discrimination.
- As parents how do we prepare our children for their tomorrow? Are you prepared to discuss the challenges and celebrate our differences? The next generation is depending on us.
- As parents it is up to us to eradicate religious & racial discrimination. We must face your own insecurities and prevent ourselves from focusing on stereotypes.
- Parents can reduce hate in the world. Our children are watching and listening to how we are interacting and communicating with others. We have the power to influence the next generation.
- Hate and discrimination is a learned behavior. Regardless of our salary, race or religion as parents we all have the same desire for our children to be successful and to feel loved. Be open and receptive. Let’s learn from each other.
- One of the basic foundations for happiness is love. The love of God, yourself and others. Let’s teach our children to receive and give love regardless of their race or religion.
What are some of your fears and biases regarding race and religion? How can we help each other and our children to be more accepting and appreciative of people that don’t look, talk, or live the same way you do?